Swimming Pools update!
We would like to provide you with an update on the progress that has been made to the repairs to the swimming pools. As you are aware, our contractor started works to prevent further issues with the pipework occurring in the future with a view to reopening the pools on 27 December 2020.
Unfortunately rectification works are taking longer than we planned and both pools will therefore continue to be closed whilst we work at pace with the contractor. Hopefully we will be in position to issue you with a date when we can expect the pools to reopen again once we receive a revised programme from our contractor.
We appreciate this news will be very disappointing for all our customers as it is for us and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for loyal custom over the past few months.
Thank you for all your patience and support over the past few months.
Swimming Pool Covid-19 Measures
- You will have to pre-book a lane on the Jubilee2 booking system. You will not be allowed into the centre if you have not pre-booked.
- Members will be able to book their pool session up to seven days in advance, pay as you go members will be able to book up to three days in advance.
- The booking system for swimming went live on Monday, 27 July 2020
- When you come for your pre-booked swim, arrive on time, in your swimming costume / trunks ready for your swim.
- You may have to wait outside for a little while, but a member of our team will let you know when to come in
- Use the hand sanitisers provided.
- Cubicles and lockers have been numbered. Swimmers must use the same numbered cubicle and locker so not to cross contaminate.
- Once you've changed, please take a quick pre-swim shower.
- People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect their right to enjoy their swim.
- Swimming sessions will be available for customers aged 12-15 when accompanied by a parent and for anyone aged over 16.
Once in the water, to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable swim, please follow these guidelines:
- Always follow the directional arrows for lanes
- Avoid strokes like Butterfly and Backstroke
- Maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and other swimmers
- Do not overtake
- We are asking swimmers not to dive in to the pool so appropriate current social distancing measures can be maintained
- Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching. If there is, let them pass. Move to the edge of the lane and turn your head away to let them turn without stopping. The same applies if you need to stop for a rest or a drink
- You can use personal equipment as long as it doesn’t affect social distancing
- If you change to a slower stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle so you can stay hydrated
- After your swim, leave the pool promptly following the exit signs
- You can take a quick post-swim shower after your swim, please shower at home after your swim to help minimise time spent in the pool area.
Due to Covid-19 we are currently able to offer the following sessions, we are continuously reviewing our programme and will update our Pool programme inline with guidance from the government
We are currently able to offer the following:-
- Family swimming sessions - Our small pool will be divided into four pods to maintain social distancing. There will be a maximum of four people per pod - all customers must pre-book their section of the pool before attending, this booking must be 'families' or 'social bubbles'
- Adult Lane swimming - in our teaching pool, there will be a maximum of 9 swimmers per session and must follow current social distancing measures.
- Swimtag - wearable technology that records your swim, including number of lengths, calories burned and much more
- Home to Newcastle Amateur Swimming Club
Our aim is for everyone to have a relaxing and enjoyable time at Jubilee2, which is why we have an admission policy in place to make sure we provide a safe environment for all of our customers.
Please take a moment to read our policy:-
Children under eight years old must be supervised according to these ratios:
- Children aged three years old and under need one adult to supervise one child
- Children aged four to seven years old need one adult to supervise two children
- Children aged eight years old and above are able to use the pool unaccompanied. However, any child who is not a confident swimmer must be supervised regardless of age.
Adult Swim - Lyme Card £5.40
Adult Swim - Concession £4
Junior Swim - Lyme Card £2.70
Children under 3 years Free
*You must join our Lyme Card Concession Scheme to qualify for this which is £5.50 for an annual membership.
Last updated 24 December 2020