Commercial Development & Economic Growth Directorate
2 Year Fixed Term Contract (extendable subject to ongoing capital programmes)
37 hours per week | Grade 11 - £36,992 to £38,890 per annum
An opportunity to lead the regeneration of a key location in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme by delivering capital projects within the Town Deal programme. With Kidsgrove Town Deal allocation of £16.9 million being used to lever in partner investment and Newcastle Town Deal about to be announced (£25 million bid) this is an exciting time to be working in the borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Able to demonstrate a track record of proactively and effectively managing a range of capital projects on major mixed use regeneration schemes.
• Lead the Council's input into the delivery of key capital development schemes from specification to delivery and handover;
• Use Council and Town Deal processes to effectively meet quality, budgetary and contractual deadline targets and funding body requirements;
• Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
• Control the risk and financial profile for the projects, initiating challenge and corrective action to keep progress on track.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• A proactive and organised approach to project management and experience of working with a range of stakeholders to achieve defined outcomes;
• Strong commercial know-how and understanding of commercial property development;
• High levels of financial literacy, able to understand property and business case appraisals;
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills;
• Education to degree standard with a relevant professional qualification.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Elaine Burgess on 01782 742463.
We offer the following benefits: employee wellbeing initiatives, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, green travel scheme, generous annual leave and training opportunities.
Closing date: 12pm on Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Should we receive a large number of applications, then this post could close sooner than the date stated)
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above closing date.
You can also request an application pack by contacting Human Resources on telephone number 01782 742266 or by emailing email@example.com.
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. The Council is also committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Page last updated 27 May 2021