Sport and Active Lifestyles
37 hours per week
£18,795 to £19,171 per annum (plus enhancements for weekend working)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience of working in a fitness studio and taking instructional classes, who can contribute to a high quality health and fitness service to support the health and wellbeing of the Borough’s residents. This full-time post will be based at Jubilee2 leading on the Exercise referral programme
The main duties are:
- To supervise the fitness studio are and provide advice and appropriate exercise programmes for customers using the fitness studio.
- Be the key contact within our Exercise Referral programme
- To ensure the safety of all customers, visitors and staff at all times.
- To ensure that all equipment is safety checked before being used by the public and used correctly, reporting any defects to the officer in charge immediately.
- To ensure the area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Administration of first aid emergency treatment.
- To assist the promotion and marketing of all our health and fitness activities.
You must have a Level 2 Fitness Instructor Qualification, GP Referral, BACPR level 4 Qualification (to be obtained within the first 12 months of employment) and a First Aid at Work certificate (or be capable of achieving this qualification with six months of appointment).
The shift pattern for this post will be as follows;
- Sat - day off
- Sun - 7:30am to 2:30pm
- Mon - 3pm to 10:30pm
- Tues - 2pm to 9:30pm
- Wed - 2pm to 9:30pm
- Thur - day off
- Fri - 6am to 1:30pm
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
We offer the following benefits: flexitime, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave and training opportunities.
Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday, 28th May 2019
You can also contact Human Resources on 01782 742265/742266 (24hrs) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. The Council is also committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.