Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough has a varied history and character which has contributed to the landscape we see today. It has a wealth of historic buildings, towns and villages set within an attractive environment.
Use this page to find out more about:-
- Historic buildings and what it means to own a Listed Building (PDF 825Kb)
- Register of Locally Important Buildings and Structures
- Historic Churches in North Staffs project
- Statements of Significance or Heritage Asset Statements (PDF 68Kb)
- Conservation areas, including how areas are chosen and what it means to live in a conservation area
- Design Matters and the Civic Awards Scheme
- Historic Building Grants
- Historic parks and gardens, including the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens
- Shopfront Design Guidance adopted by the Council as a Planning Practice Guidance Note
- 2018 Review of Register of Locally Important Buildings and Structures - amended list
- DRAFT Maer Conservation Area and Management Proposals Supplementary Planning Document consultation until 12 October 2018.
- Keele Conservation Area and Management Proposals now adopted
- Keele Conservation Area boundary amended
Last updated 13 September 2018