Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough has a varied history and character which has contributed to the landscape we see today. It has a wealth of historic buildings, towns and villages set within an attractive environment.
Use this page to find out more about:-
- Historic buildings and what it means to own a Listed Building
- Register of Locally Important Buildings and Structures
- Historic Churches in North Staffs project
- Statements of Significance or Heritage Asset Statements
- Conservation areas, including how areas are chosen and what it means to live in a conservation area
- Design Matters and the Civic Awards Scheme
- Historic Building Grants
- Historic parks and gardens, including the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens
- Shopfront Design Guidance
- Nominate your favourite historic buildings and structures - local Register Review 2020
- Maer Conservation Area and Management Proposals Supplementary Planning Document now adopted.
Last updated 17 July 2020