The scheme aims to improve the physical and management standards in the private rented sector by providing encouragement, support and incentives to members.
The scheme is run as a partnership between Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
The benefits of becoming an accredited landlord:-
- Recognition that you are providing a good standard of accommodation
- Access to information and advice at a half-day landlord development event
- Market advantage when letting a property
- Free advertisement and promotion of your vacant properties on the scheme's website
- Access to discounts from local participating companies
- Cooperation, support and advice from the scheme operators on all aspects of private renting
- Provision of a certificate to promote and provide proof of your membership to the scheme
- Periodic inspections of properties registered with the scheme to offer advice
- Quarterly newsletter and updates
- Empty property matching service.
How do landlords become accredited?
To participate in the scheme, landlords must:-
- Supply a completed and signed application form
- Supply details of all the properties they rent out within the two local authority areas
- Supply a copy of the current Gas Safety Certificate(s) for all the properties in the two local authority areas
- Be a responsible and competent landlord.
There is a fee for a two year membership – please visit the website as the amounts vary according to number and size of properties.
Successful applicants' details will be held on a register of accredited landlords.
Last updated 10 December 2018