The Council has a Housing Strategy 2016-2021 which has the following objectives:
- To support the delivery of affordable housing and development
- To provide help and advice for finding a home
- To reduce the number of empty homes
- To give support to the private sector
- To promote independence and inclusion to our most vulnerable residents.
Newcastle-under-Lyme’s Homelessness Strategy 2020-2025 sets out how the Council, along with its partners, intends to meet its priorities and future actions for preventing and tackling homelessness over the next five years.
It aligns with the Council’s Corporate Plan and all of its corporate objectives. The strategy aims to continue the work of preventing people from becoming homelessness and supporting those who are faced with homelessness issues.
Last updated 11 February 2020