The Council works closely with Public Health England to monitor and investigate cases of infectious diseases, such as food poisoning and Legionnaire's disease.
People can become ill through:
- Eating contaminated food
- Drinking contaminated water
- Breathing contaminated air
- Contact with an infected person
- Contact with contaminated surfaces
- Contact with animals
- Participating in some leisure activities, such as swimming in the sea/lakes
- Workplace environments
The Food and Safety team investigate reported cases of food poisoning to identify the cause and reduce the spread of infection.
If you require any further information please contact the Food and Safety Team
Last updated 27 October 2015