What is Citizen Access?
Citizen Access is an online portal that allows you to manage your Council Tax account. You can use the portal to:
- View your account, including your account balance and recent payments
- Tell us that you are moving house
- Tell us about a change in your circumstances that may affect your liability for Council Tax and apply for discounts and exemptions
- Set up a direct debit to pay your Council Tax or amend an existing direct debit
- View property details, such as which Council Tax band a property is in or, if you are a business, the rateable value of your property
What you will need
To access all of the features you will need your Citizen Access Online Key. This is the 10 digit code that is unique to your account.
Where to find your Citizen Access Online Key
Your Citizen Access Online Key can be found on the front of your most recent Council Tax notice or bill, as seen in the examples below.
Last updated 4 July 2016