Home > All Services > Business > Licensing > Licensing Act 2003

Licensing Act 2003

Following the Government's announcement many premises can now re-open from 4 July 2020.  They have released guidance on the measures that should be taken to reduce the risks to staff and customers -

If you would like to discuss the guidance please email the licensing Team.

Please note that following the Government's decision on 31 July 2020 premises will not be able to offer to indoor live entertainment from 1 August 2020 as originally planned.  

Any premises who currently has on sales on their licence or off sales with restrictions can take advantage of the Government's relaxations to allow temporary off sales under the Business and Planning Act 2020.  You will need to notify the Council in writing, Licensing Team, if you wish to do so and issue a statement that is displayed clearly next to the Premises Licence summary within your premises.  For further information on this matter please see the Government Guidance Alcohol Licensing: Guidance on new temporary off-sales permissions.

Pavement Licence

For any premises who offer food or drink to apply to utilise the public highway adjacent to their premises to offer temporary outdoor seating or stalls.  

Premises Licence

For premises who wish to sell alcohol or have regulated entertainment.

Personal Licences

For people who wish to sell alcohol or hold the position of a designated premises supervisor at a licensed premises.


Last updated 31 July 2020

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate the information on this page?

Good OK Poor

Back to the top of the page