When booking your Dual Driver Licence application appointment you will be asked to provide a code to show your Disclosure and Barring Service application is in process. This can be your Update Service reference or if you require a new certificate by accessing Stoke-on-Trent Council's portal and completing the following process:
1. To start the process you will be required to complete the Organisation Reference which is UBNULBCLICENSING, then leave the Organisation Code blank and press Enter.
2. There are guidance notes on each page explaining what each section means and what will happen if you do not complete the form correctly.
3. If any information is incomplete there will be red text to show the required information.
4. In section 4 please complete the Job Role as TAXI DRIVER.
5. In section 5 please check the information that you have completed and edit if required.
6. Once completed you will be given a reference number in a green box. Please note this carefully as you will be asked to provide it to make an application appointment.
7. The process of applying for the DBS is not completed until you attend the Application Appointment where the relevant fee will be taken, the information will be checked and your identity documents will be verified.
The Update Service
As part of the new Dual Driver Licence application process you are also required to provide authorisation to view your certificate online alongside your most up to date Disclosure and Barring (DBS) certificate. This can be done through the Update Service. Please note that if you have received your certificate you only have 30 days from the date of the certificate to register. There is an annual fee and you will be required to maintain this to keep the certificate up to date. If there is any change to your circumstances you will need to provide a new DBS.
Last Updated 10 September 2019